Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Breaking all the Rules

The boys enjoyed a wagonride to the car. We even got a visit from our friend Charisse Stewart, who is a nurse and PCMC, and happened to be on shift today. The afternoon at home was actually pretty relaxing. Sam played with his Jedi toys all afternoon while watching Superhero cartoons with dad. Both kids enjoyed the laxity in rules, such as having the binky out of the crib, toys at the table, and all the juice they requested. Doctor Tagge is an awesome ENT. We recommend him to everyone. He had a great bedside manner with the kids and very approachable and informative to us. He said we will probably see two very different kids. There was quite a bit of fluid and pressure in the ears, causing much discomfort. It was so gratifying to practically whisper to Sam from across the room and have him look up and respond. Our volume of communication had been so loud lately because he could not hear very well.

7 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

becky they were so brave! im glad that everything went so well! give them big hugs from auntie heidi

Terri said...

I hope they both start to feel better. It's no fun to have contant ear infections. It looks like they did an awesome job (you too) Spoil them a little for me. T

Bapa said...

I'm glad it went well, Becky. You were so brave.

Kendra said...

Having done two kids with tubes myself, I am so happy for Mo and Sam! Life will be so much better. Let me just say again, I LOVE THE BLOG!! I am "up to speed" on the Jardines!! Yes!!!

Sally said...

Glad you all are doing well after surgery! Love you guys!

Melissa said...

I'm glad everything went well. Isn't it hard to watch someone else walk off with your kids? I bet you're glad it's done. Now you can just concentrate on the race.:)

Rachel said...

Yay - I'm glad that is over and I hope you get to enjoy a very healthy springtime!