Friday, September 19, 2008

A rare moment for me

I am currently sitting here with me feet propped up watching a rerun of Gilmore Girls and looking at people's blogs while I enjoy a diet coke and a quiet house. Yes, a quiet house. This has not happened for well years. Sam went to a play group after preschool and Mo is taking a nap. I have the house to myself and it is a foreign feeling. In the past I would take the opportunity to clean or organize something. My boys have gotten so good and playing with each other, that I can do those projects while they are awake and in the home. I have organized all my closets this fall and even our messy basement. When Mo went down, I thought I am going to just hang out and enjoy the silence. This is a wonderful moment. I can't remember when this last happened.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Even though my girls play well together, they manage to make messes faster than I can keep up with. I dream of cleaning and organizing my closets this fall. I've even considered scrapbooking, but alas, I'd have to find my scrapbook room first. And our two car garage can currently only hold one car - barely. Maybe if I only had two kids....maybe James is onto something there. Oh well. My life is chaos but we're having fun. When do you want to go hiking?

HILL HESS said...

I watched Gilmore Girls today, too! I felt a bit guilty with so many other things to do- but isn't it great to get into someone else's world for awhile!! It sure beats thinking about laundry!!

Sally said...

That is AWESOME! Hope you're enjoying some chocolate with that Diet Coke! :)

Kendra said...

Good for you! Every good mom should take advange of times like these!

Julie Markham said...

Gilmore Girls?? Not Star Trek? That's a waste of some quiet time if you ask me...

Rachel said...

.....ahhhhhhh. Sounds nice.