Friday, December 5, 2008

All dogs go to heaven

Sam's preschool was cancelled this morning because his preschool teacher's grandfather died and she was attending his funeral. Sam has never thought about death or funerals. This is the first person he has had to think about in those terms. He knows he gets in trouble if he says "I am going to kill you."... Darn those superhero cartoons. But I don't think he really knows what death is. All day he has been asking me why people die? why do people get old?It is a lot to process for a 4 year old. I have told him we will all die eventunally and get to go back and live as families with Heavenly Father. He then said "will Molly die?" This Katherine and Ryan's dog who he bonded with on our treat to Ouray. Boy, those wheels are turning.

7 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

that is so sweet, he is such a thoughtful person. we got the package today! thanks maia is sooo excited!

Sally said...

He's so cute! We need to get together with you guys soon!

Terri said...

Wow, I feel like I have just been going over the same questions (I wonder why). Jason gets it, Ian, not so much. And by the way, I like to believe that dogs go to heaven :)

Danni said...

What a cute conversation, especially the dog part!

HILL HESS said...

It amazes me sometimes the things they pick up- yet it's such a grown up concept- you wonder how much they understand. Cade's been asking a lot about it the past several months, too. Maybe it's a 4-5 year old thing?
Very cute about the dog!

Julie Markham said...

I want to give Sam a big hug and shield him from any pain for the rest of his life. Maybe it's me that needs the hug.

thinkHP said...

awww I love how their precious little heads think