Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sam started 1st Grade




Sam has been telling me all August how excited he is that he gets to go to school all day. He
got to pick out his desk and his locker the night before school started and meet his teacher. He looks so grown up. After his first day I asked him what his favorite thing was. He replied lunch and recess...they get to have recess 3 times not just once. I guess that was what all the excitement was for...not reading, writing, math :)
Today we were getting ready to take him to school and he found out Mo was going to Kid's Club without him...he was so mad! I think he gets it now. He goes to school all day and Mo gets to play. Mo is more bored now that he has to play with me. His school doesn't start for 2 more weeks. Thankfully on the days I work he gets to have cousin Clark come over and build him awesome things out of Legos. He keeps asking me when Clark is going to come over.

5 comments:

Julie Markham said...

You are so right -- Sam looks way grown up! When did that happen?

HILL HESS said...

SOOOO FUN!!!

Cannon Clan said...

first grade! when did they grow up. he looks so handsome and grown up getting into that locker!

Bapa said...

A baptism can't be too far away.

The Burts said...

They have lockers in grade school? It looks like your weekend with your parents was a fun one. I love the picture of your mom and the snow cone and the story about Mo's monk moment. lol!